Friday, April 24, 2009

Amber alert issued (then rescinded)

OK, as one of my friends mentioned, I have not posted in a very long time. I keep meaning to post pictures but just never seem to get around to it. A few things have happened. Gina celebrated her 13th birthday in February. I so can't believe my little curly blondie is now 13! Of course she is not so curly or blond anymore :) but she is still an awesome daughter. Cora celebrated her 16th birthday last month! Wow, that one is hard to believe. Her friends have been trying to convince her to ask someone to a dance. We'll have to wait and see on that one. She is still as sweet as ever although her love of washing dishes has waned as the years have progressed.

We are a little closer to actually having construction begin on our new house. We are told possible in another week. We shall see ;) In the meantime, we are living in a much smaller abode and the kids are double and tripled up in rooms. No dishwasher and one bathroom has been tough :)

The kids are getting excited for school to come to an end. I can't believe it's almost over! We will have three in high school next year, eek! I need to get me one of them bailouts from the government I guess ;) Cora and Miranda will both be in the marching band this year. They had their kick off last night. Cora is now Miranda's section leader. They start practices in two weeks. Unfortunetly, they won't be able to go to California this year. The district is not allowing any out of state trips this year due to the economy (they should get a bailout too!). They are trying to get an overnight trip to St. George for the Red Rocks competition. They usually go and come back the same day. It should be fun for them and wallet draining for mom and dad ;) They do have a few fundraisers. They are having a garage sell fundraiser in July so if anyone has anything they'd like to donate to sell there let us know.

Work is still work. I'm lead technician now. That came with a miniscule raise and some people annoyances (some know who I am speaking of). It's a fun job over all though. Gina was able to come with me for a job shadowing. It was fun showing her around and she had a good time :)

I will try and post more frequently and get some pictures up so the site isn't so boring ;)

5 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! I've been checking here for ages to see if you had updated! It's weird having your kids get so old. It's cool that your kids are in marching band. Erika is my only band student, and we'll see if she decides to march!

The Shep's Herd said...

OH my heck you finally updated your blog...just teasing. I cant believe you will have 3 in highschool allready. Wow!! I need pictures of proof. I see your kids as little gals still. I know I'm crazy. Thanks for the update.

Amber said...

Wow, you finally posted again. It's one of those things that makes you double check to see if your tithing is paid up, the end is coming. ;)

I can't believe that your kids are so old. Do you know how much older that makes you than me? Years and years. So have you moved recently, or are you still in the same place? I need to drop off some money that I owe you for movie tickets...... or I could just wait until the next one comes out!?! ;)

Sorry for the novel, but I need to tell you how much I love to hear your song choices. It's like being your roomie all over again.

Tammy said...

I say we go to another movie, Amber! We have moved recently. We are renting a house that my sis Temple and her hubby own while our new house is being built.

Lisa said...

new stuff has happened mom!!!! you aren't posting again!!!!!