Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Somewhere in Time

Many months have passed and we seem to have landed on the last day of November. At least the landing was relatively soft. Marching band will be officially wrapping up soon with an awards banquet. Perhaps a certain family member will get an award for most graceful fall during a performance. I must say that falling is always better than losing your pants.

Thanksgiving has come and gone with belches of contentment all around. Now every meal seems to pale in comparison. We know Christmas is coming because every radio station has Christmas music sneaking into the mix. Who knew that some turkey and mistletoe were all that was needed to make the season bright?

We've had a stray kitten adopt us. It came to use with a very injured tail (think maggots and exposed bone, ewww). We, of course, took pity on it and gave it food thus ensuring that it would never leave. Cora utilized her EMS training and cleaned out the maggots while managing not to lose her lunch. We started calling it John Conner because it was so tough; still purring and happy despite it's injuries. We worked with a non profit to get veterinary care for it and found that John Conner was actually Sarah Conner. None of us had wanted to look too close (remember the maggots?). Anyways, minus her tail and kitten producing organs she has become a very sweet addition. She makes cat number five for us. Apparently our family motto is you can never have too many cats. It's either that or we are secretly striving to be that crazy cat family.

I am making an early news year resolution that I will blog more so that by the time New Years comes around and give it up and just get on with things. Just kidding, maybe ;)

2 comments:

Klin said...

Rejoicing here!!!

I have another cat that needs a home. She is old and cuddly. I don't want any more coats. I am a dog person. They come when they are called and don't snub me. ;)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your website and want to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of (http://sosaclan.blogspot.com/) would be interested in.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com