Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This is my life?

I know it has been forever since I have posted anything so please don't hyperventilate as you gasp in shock to see actual words here. You would think nothing has happened in the two months or so that I last posted but you would be wrong or maybe you are right. I suppose it depends on your point of view.
We did actually move in to our new house :) We thought it would never come due to closing getting pushed off due to lack of paperwork. I'm guessing there needs to be a certain poundage of paper and the title company had not killed enough trees yet to meet the standard. Once they finally got up to speed we were able to sign our lives away along with our first born (sorry, Cora, but we had to do what we had to do j/k).
Turns out that signing was the easy part. We actually had to move all of our stuff, most of which was in storage. We successfully managed the feat of transferring all our possessions into our new house where it now sits in the garage. It seems we've lived out of boxes for so long that I am used to everything just being boxed up and have rebelled against actually unpacking. Why clutter my nice house when the garage works as a perfect storage unit? Sadly, not everyone shared my views. Some members of this family feel they should have easier access to their belongings. Looks like we will eventually have to unpack the rest of our stuff then, sigh.
We also had a yard sale a few weeks after moving in. Cora and Miranda missed their yard sale fundraiser for band because we were originally supposed to be moving the day of the sale but were unaware of the dead tree requirement by the title company. Anyways, since we had apparently been saving all kinds of things for just this event we had to stage our own yard sale. Now, none of us had actually put on our own yard sale. I was unaware of the "yard sale rules". I had planned the sale to start at 9:30am so I wouldn't have to get up incredibly early. Apparently, this goes against the "rules". As I was in our driveway around 8am deciding how we would set up we had one woman arrive and proceed to chew me out because we were not ready yet. Is she unable to read the time I so carefully put on all the signs and ads? I was informed that we were starting way too late and everyone would be all done perusing yard sales. She then, along with some other opportunists, attempted to go in our garage to see what we had. Nothing like shooing people away and having to repeat, "no, the lawn mower is not for sale" while trying to set up for the actual sale. I'm going to assume that those who are frequent yard sale attendees do not know how to tell time. Aside from all that, we did fairly well and earned the girls some money for their band trip. If you know anyone who wants a cherry wood computer armoire or window AC units, let me know.
Heather had her yearly EEG at the end of October. It came back this time showing no seizure activity!!! This is what we have been waiting for. In January, she will be two years seizure free and we can start taking her off her meds. It's quite likely that she has "grown" out of the seizures and will never have to worry about them again. It still isn't a guarantee but we are hoping :)
Halloween has, of course, come and gone. I so enjoy looking for costumes at the last minute for a young woman activity. This job would be so much easier if retailers didn't believe that all women and girls want to be slutty skanks for Halloween. We ended up buying getting costumes meant for men (which meant they were too large) and one cape. I think I spent less on my first wedding dress AND I had more fabric. The kids had a good time anyhow and we froze out trick or treating. Good times :)
Ah, and lest I forget, I won tickets to New Moon for the opening night :) I had originally planned to go see it a few weeks after opening but who can pass up free tickets right? I never win anything so the fact I won these really made me smile, and not just cause I'd get to see Edward and Jacob on the big screen ;). Since I only had two tickets and three daughters that wanted to see it, I took my friend Amber. I figure I will go again and take the kids. I always have so much fun with Amber and listening to the comments of the guys behind us was great :). We need to do more things together because I feel like a kid again when we are together. Looks like Eclipse will be out in June and I can hardly wait for that one too!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

That is wonderful news about Heather. :)

That is so awesome that you won tickets to New Moon! I've seen it three times. I really liked it!

nora.lakehurst said...

That is awesome! And I am glad you and Stacey both have won tickets. At least I got to see it already.
And Stacey you are a comment whore ;) Love ya though.

Klin said...

Stacey went the first time with me. Just Sayin' ;)

Holy crap you have been busy. I like that you are okay living out of boxes. Tee hee.

I am betting that you could convince me and Stacey to come see New Moon again and I'll bring my girls. I KNOW you could convince me,e ven to come without my girls.:D

Amber said...

Don't worry about unpacking quite yet. I have always believed that you have a year to make it liveable. After that, it becomes storage. If the kids want something, then they are old enough to look for it. (Moving wisdom according to Amber.)

I hope Cora enjoys her new owners.

Lady Fromage said...

My first time stopping by - I love your header! :)

Congrats on the new house! The paperwork is almost harder than the unpacking... almost!

-Lady Fromage