Lisa and I went to the Hogle Zoo yesterday for their career day. They had boots set up from the Living Aquarium, Monte L Bean Museum, U of U, and Utah State. All of them had information on careers with animals ranging from aquatic to zoo. The Bean museum takes volunteers as young as 14 so Lisa is interested in contacting them about helping on Saturday mornings. She'd really like to volunteer at the zoo but it's just too far. We were able to pet a possum and a 6 ft boa. They had some of the zoo keepers out talking about some of the animals and how they train them and why. Lisa was only interested in the one with the big cats. They had some lectures going on also but we didn't attend. Lisa got lots of info from the booths and is very excited about being a zoologist someday.
10 years ago
6 comments:
That sounds like fun. How come they didn't do cool things like that when we were kids? Does anyone else feel cheated?
Way to go Lisa ! I would love to help at Hogle Zoo, too if it weren't so far away. Is Lisa old enought to help at the Bean Museum ! She's only 13, isn't she !!!!!!j(ha ha)
She's 14 and yes she is old enough. She talked with the people at the zoo about it.
I always like the big cats best too. I would love to be able to pet one. Good for Lisa, for going for such a cool career!
That is awesome! I hope she can follow her dream.
Why aren't you people writing on my blog?!?!?!?! I wrote on it too!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment