I am back from Colorado. I'm now so smart regarding microscopes that I can toss words around like parfocalization, centration, and spherical aberration and actually know what I mean ;) Anyways, it wasn't too bad. Fort Collins was pretty-very similiar to Provo but without as many mountains. It's a lot flatter there. Work wouldn't spring for a car so I was relegated to an airport shuttle and walking while I was there. Fortunately, the class was just around the corner from the hotel. Denver airport is HUGE. It makes Salt Lake look soo puny. I had to take a train (sort of like a very fast subway) to get anywhere(the gates, bagage claim etc.) Homeland security had upped the threat level to orange on my way home. I had to listen over the loudspeakers every 15 mins about reporting any suspicious behavior or people. I wonder if I looked suspicous to anyone? ;) I made it through security without any problems so apparently I'm not deemed a threat. Not old and gray enough I guess.
I missed my family while I was away. It's not so much fun going off somewhere when you are by yourself. It was nice not having to clean up after myself. I love having someone come clean my room and make my bed everyday!
10 years ago
1 comments:
Glad you are home. Fort Collins is where we got locked out of our hotel room and your brother through all the food on the floor at the restaurant !! You were just a baby and all your diapers & bottles were locked in our room ! Fun days!! Love you, Mom
Post a Comment