Saturday, August 16, 2008

Our next stop is....

Well, Cora, Lisa, Miranda, and Gina all had their school open houses this past Thursday evening. I went with Cora for sophomore orientation. The cheerleaders tried teaching them some cheers and their school song. I tormented Cora by quietly singing the Caveman school song :) I figure I need to do my best to embarrass her while I can. The student council took them on a tour of the school then they were let loose to find lockers, classes, make class changes etc. I can't believe my little girl is in high school! I remember thinking it would be forever before she was in kindergarten. Cora is excited to start school next week. She's somewhat familiar with the school because she has been doing marching band since the end of last school year. Everyone will have to try and see her at the BYU competition on October 7th. She gets to go to Lodi, CA the end of October.
Lisa, Miranda, and Gina were able to find their classes at school. Lisa and Miranda are pros so really didn't need any help. Gina is a little nervous about Jr high but I'm sure she will do awesome:).
Heather has her school open house this Tuesday then everyone starts school on Wednesday. I can hardly wait for them to be off! They will finally be busy! Of course that means I will be busier also but I can live with that.
We did the back to school clothes and supply shopping last night and today. OI, never go to the mall the last Saturday before school. I swear it was busier than it is at Christmas. I think every store was attempting to utilize the least amount of check out clerks and they picked the absolute slowest ones as well. I was so glad when it was over. There is almost nothing worse than being stuck in the mall that long with 5 kids who are wanting to go home already.

0 comments: