Monday, November 3, 2008

And the band played on....

Well, Cora is back from California! Springville took 2nd place for overall field show. Not too shabby considering they had to play in the pouring rain and the field was a giant mud pit. Some of the bands weren't so lucky with the mud, some lost shoes, one tuba player fell down knocking into the trombone next him, and one unlucky guy lost his pants. They had a great time though.
They were able to see Alcatraz on Halloween. I will have to get some pics from Cora to post. She also got to see China Town, Pier 39 and fisherman's warf. I'll see if I can get her to post on the kids blog more about her trip.
We are all glad she is home even her sisters :) They actually missed her ;).

5 comments:

Grandma G. said...

Way to go Cora ! I couldn't help laughing about the boy that lost his pants !! What a visual.

Amber said...

Aahhhh, the memories of band. Someone always loses their pants or skirt. Ok, that was me a couple of times. Sounds like a great trip. It's nice to hear about Springville's band, since Miriam will probably be playing her trumpet for them in about 4 years. Fun!!!

Klin said...

Yay Cora's back.

Poor kid that lost his pants. You just had to put that in there didn't ya? It made me forget all about the tuba player knocking down the trombone ;)

Tara said...

I guess that kid with the pants made an impression on all of us! Congratulations Cora and Springville Band!

Anonymous said...

I need everyone who goes on my blog to go look. ( if you own the blog I need to talk to you all.)