Once again I find myself attempting to come up with something witty and profound that will leave it's mark on future generations. I thought of paintball but while leaving a mark it has already been done and it's not particularly witty. Maybe a poptart that says something like "run naked, it'll add color to your cheeks". It could burn you and give you the witty saying all at once :) But I digress. What you really want to hear about is my day.
It was oh so exciting. So exciting I don't know where to begin. Well maybe I do. I'll begin at 5am when my alarm went off and I thought it could not possibly be time to awaken yet?!! Sadly, it was :( So I found myself getting ready for work. I had to drive Hector to work also since I had to give him a ride home yesterday due to his being ill and not trusting that he wouldn't pass out while driving. Then I was off to work only to receive a text later in the morning from a child thanking me for waking them up early so they could get to band on time. I did not even know I had awakened any children for that. I must have a secret super power that I am not even aware of. As I was thinking how wonderful I was this child let me know that I had NOT awakened them but they had to awaken all on their own. They even got extra sleep as a result. Now you can see what a great mom I am :).
Work was the usual only slower. I did get to meet with Hector for a little break in the morning. I had to pick up some books from the bookstore. This is because last week I was informed by two kids that they were supposed to be reading certain books over the summer for honors English. Naturally, they don't let me in on this until right before school is to start. Fortunately, the library carries only one copy of each of the books and they were all checked out and on hold for the next few years. This always makes life more exciting :)
I did get to leave work early only to spend it gently persuading children to do their chores then taking one back to the high school to correct a schedule gone awry. One child had already corrected their schedule and another decided to live with what she was randomly assigned. We spent quality time in the hot counseling office awaiting our turn along with several other children and parents. One counselor was so eager to help he closed the main door so no more children could get in. I am sure it was because he wanted more quality time with those remaining.
So far that has been my day. Try to hold in your enthusiasm. You will just make others jealous because they are not reading about my super star life.
10 years ago
4 comments:
LOL!!! Sounds like an eventful day ;)
You definitely have an eventful life compared to mine. I have the opposite problem. I am constantly trying to find things to do. I have to say I never thought I would have this problem. One more reason that I love to hear about the everyday things going on in your life.
Oh Tammy I miss your wit. You need you to write about your day everyday so I can have a dose of Tammy. I can not live anyomre with out it. You cracked me up. And you made me super excited to go do Kammys schedule with the Counselor. Then I will have something to write about too. I do miss you !!!
I can actually feel the sarcasm!
Post a Comment