As some of you may know, I've been at LDS Hospital all week for training on a ventilator. The company that makes the vent is Draeger and they are from Germany. Anyways, we've been following along in their translated to American English by a Britain service manual and operating manuals. Let's just say it is frustrating trying to translate what they really mean because it is not always translated very well. Aside from that, it has been interesting learning more about this particular piece of equipment. If any of the IHC hospitals in Utah County ever get this machine, I will be able to fix it, (at least that is the hope ).
Just a few other things about LDS Hospital. We are on the 5th floor for our class where there is pretty much nothing but ripped up rooms and a cat lurking in the ceiling somewhere. There is a hallway with large portraits of, I'm assuming, people who have been on the board or donated or something grand like that. This hallway is very long and comes across like something at Disney Land-you expect the eyes to start moving and following you. There is also what appears to be a secret door in the floor of one room we have been working in. A very strange place ;)
The kids have been busy taking turns with a pretty nasty cold that has kept everyone but Cora home from school a few days (not all at once though). Everyone is still enjoying school so far. Cora is busy this week with homecoming for the highschool. She is playing with the band at a pep rally tonight, then homecoming parade on Friday and the game. She's having a great time with band. I think I would have more fun if I wasn't getting up before the crack of dawn to get her to 6am practices then pick her up around 10pm from different activities. I soo need a clone to do those things for me so I could sleep. I'm sure Cora wishes she could sleep more to but she is young and can handle and I'm getting old and decrepit :)
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment